Why Volunteer through RSVP?
Here is why you should join RSVP. We are connecting people in our community. Contact us at 970-243-9839.
Why bother with RSVP?
Isn't it just another layer of bureaucracy, just another organization to belong to?
What is so special about RSVP?
What can they do for me that I cannot do for myself?
- Why do I need to report my volunteer hours to RSVP? Click HERE to find out.
These are questions we get asked. The fact is, you can go out and volunteer at any agency listed on our website and not be a member of RSVP. However, here are the reasons we believe you should become a member.
We offer help finding just the right volunteer position for you.
We know the agencies and who to contact.
We have a list of open volunteer positions with over 100 local organizations.
We offer you support while you volunteer:
- As an RSVP Member, we will help resolve any problem that may come up while volunteering.
We have FREE volunteer insurance that covers you while you are volunteering.
- We help you connect with other people in the community through free social events like:
- Volunteer Appreciation and Volunteer Fair event in the Spring
- Ice Cream Social in the Summer
- Holiday Party in the Fall
- We provide opportunities for you to learn through our educational seminars and activities.
- Your volunteers hours will be pooled together with other senior volunteer hours and will be counted on a national level all the way up to Congress!
- Best of all, it is FUN and FREE to anyone age 55 or older. Complete the Online Application and then print out the Volunteer Registration Signature, Beneficiary Designation, Photo Release, and Signature Form [pdf] OR print out the mail-in Volunteer Application [pdf], fill it out and send it in. THANK YOU!